Friday, July 2, 2010

Falafel, OM NOM NOM!


So yesterday we went on a bicycle tour of Paris after class. It was really nice, perfect weather, and really relaxing. Oh yeah and educational too. After that Robert and I went to the Marais section of Paris and got Falafel sandwiches. This was the first time I have had it and let me tell you, it is so awesome. Needless to say, I will be going back again sometime soon.

Today in class we went to the Saint-Germain section of Paris for a little tour with our teacher. Eventually we ended up at Eugene Delacroix's house which is now a museum. I think he is my favorite painter of what I have seen here so far. He also painted my current favorite painting that I saw in the Louvre which is in the blog post about the louvre below. After that I met up with KEITH my friend from Villanova that is currently an intern for BBC in London for the summer. Too cool! We went to Montmartre and walked around for a bit and saw the Sacre Coeur. We ended up climbing to the top, but with grappling hooks not stairs, thats how we do. There was an incredible view atop the highest tower and many pictures were taken. After that we went over to the Arc de Triumph and walked around a little with Chris. Now we will have to see what adventures the night brings!

2 comments:

  1. How can a grown man in this day and age not know the tender (sexual?) touch of a falafel on his lips? It makes one wonder, "what about the children?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how many pictures were taken of the incredible view and yet we see falafel.

    ReplyDelete