Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Spittin' Madd Francais

So I'm going to combine the last two days. The second day of class I had an easier time listening and understanding the teacher. After class I took a walk around the Opéra metro stop. I didn't actually get to see the Palais Garnier because I didn't go the right way. I wasn't planning on staying for long because I had a good amount of homework that I needed to get to. Around 5pm here we met back up at the center and met our french conversation partners. This was arranged through the center and the idea is that French natives that are learning english have conversations with American native students that are learning french. This was really interesting and definitely took patience with each of us to understand and correct each other. Later on some friends and I went to an indian food restaurant which was a good time. Order indian food in french: CHECK! After that we went back to the hotel to watch the brazil/north korea game. What a great one. Crazy goals. Later on me and Chris started talking to two guys from morocco that are staying in the same hotel and later a guy from senegal. We must have talked for 2-3 hours about the foreign view of america as well as how america is handling the situation in iraq. We also talked about the israel and palestine conflict. I don't really want to go into detail so just take my word that it was extremely eye opening. It was really cool because they knew english a little better than we knew english so we had to help each other out and translate things to make our conversation work. Such a good experience!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment