Monday, June 28, 2010

Weekend Trip to Rouen and Traville!


So its been a while again... and I will try to remember things from the last few days. Here goes. Well to start, this weekend we went to the Normandie section of Paris which is in the north east of france. There we went to the towns Rouen and Traville. When we got to Rouen, we toured around the town and saw a bunch of really old and fantastic churches. I think we must have gone past 4 or 5 and we actually went inside one. It reminded me of the inside of Sacre Coeur. I wish I could show everyone all the pictures, but I don't feel like buying a flickr pro account to put my pictures on the internet. I'll just show you all them when I'm back in the USA.

After we toured around we went to a music store because it has been several weeks since some of us have touched an instrument and we are going through musical withdrawl. We found this little store with a ton of keyboards and guitars and when we went in we asked the owner if we could play them. He said only if we were planning on buying them. We "were planning to buy them" so we played a little bit. And then eventually the owner kicked us out haha. It was fun while it lasted. After that we went to a bar to watch the usa/ghana game. One of my friends bought a huge american flag on a pole and was waving it through the streets on the way there and in the bar. I was so proud. I also got some red white and blue face paint that we also wore. Chris bought a reject Vuvuzela that was like a big kazzoo not a vuvuzela but it was still absolutely hilarious when he played it in the bar.


*****i will finish this up tomorrow*******
TO BE CONTINUED!

OK so to continue this tale of epic proportions, so we were at the bar, waving the american flag, watching the game and about 5-6 french guys came in and sat near us. After the game was over, the french people invited us to a party they were having after the game at their apartment near by. I was a little concerned about going and almost just went back to the hotel but without risk there isn't growth. So all 9 of us went and it turned out to be an amazing time. There were probably 20 french people our age at the party and it was really cool just hanging out with them, speaking english and french and having a good old time which eventually led to the taking of this picture:

Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I should let it do the talking but I'm skeptical that it will say the next few words exactly as I might. Out of all the amazing experiences I have had seeing different sights, its the things like these that you can't plan an afternoon for, can't buy a ticket for, and consequently won't soon forget. Rouen is awesome. Good friends and good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment